Temporomandibular Joint is a sliding hinge that connects jaws to the temporal bones of the skull which are in front of each ear. It has simultaneously two hinges which is as similar joint that is present for door opening and closing. Punyam Dental Office refers it to the condition, with the involvement of intense pain or tenderness in the muscle responsible for joint that controls jaw movement. Our dental specialists suggests that the patient may experience jaw popping, jaw pain, or pain in the eyes, face, head and pain while chewing, with the pain sometimes difficult to explain.
TMJ is unique in a class of its own due to its both hinging and sliding joint. TMJ treatment which goes undelivered as mostly the treating doctor do not know the possible grounds which results suffering of the patients in two ways:
TMJ treatment has various signs and symptoms. It’s often difficult to identify if the patient is suffering from TMJ, since one or more of the symptoms can also be present for other problems as well. With the help of proper diagnosis through comprehensive medical and dental history, dental specialists at Punyam Dental Office can identify it followed by conducting clinical examination.
The Temporomandibular joint disorder with the combination of hinge action with sliding motions, where the parts of the bones that interact in the joints are covered with cartilage, are separated by small yet shock-absorbing disk. So when the disk erodes, it causes temporomandibular joint disorder with pain. Sometime arthritis damages the joint’s cartilage or damaged by a blow or other impact.
Although the symptoms of TMJ treatment might sometimes go away without any treatment. In case the symptoms persist, then dental specialists at Punyam Dental Office offers a variety of treatment options from medications to surgical or other procedures with the incorporation of cutting edge technology:
The Medication option in the TMD Treatment is one of the non-surgical procedures which may relieve the pain associated with TMJ treatment:
1. Pain-relievers and anti-inflammatories: Although over-the-counter is one of the pain medications which may sometime enough to relieve the pain of TMJ disorder. In case, the patient is not relieved and then our dental specialists may prescribe the stronger relievers such as Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) considered being the anchor of the TMJ treatment.
2. Muscle Relaxants: These are some of the type of drugs that are sometime used to relive the pain caused by temporomandibular joint for a few days or weeks.
1. Oral Splints: By bringing some occlusal appliances into use in TMJ treatment, soft or firm device is inserted over the teeth which are beneficial for people with jaw pain.
2. Physical Therapy: In order to strengthen jaw muscles, TMD treatments at Punyam Dental Office include ultrasound, moist heat and sound along with the exercises to improve the stretching of the jaw muscles.
3. Counselling: We at Punyam Dental Office believe that Education and counseling play an important role to understand the factors or peculiar behavior that worsens the pain in order to avoid them. For instance, teeth clenching or biting fingernails.
TMD Treatment which may more conservative dental to complex surgery depends upon the diagnosis. Dental specialists at Punyam Dental Office suggest surgery in case of clear joint damage where TMJ treatment that may be performed on the basis of thorough medical history and physical examination.