In this blog, we will tell you about what does an orthodontic treatment mean in the world of dentistry. So here we present you with each and every detail related to the orthodontic treatment which is necessary to understand before going for the treatment at the dental clinic or your orthodontist.
Orthodontic treatment is the easiest treatment of getting your teeth to straighten and align at its exact position according to the occlusion. It can be done in two ways which are by either braces treatment or clear aligners. The mal/aligned teeth don’t look good and thus, unaesthetic. So these days to provide the patient with the advanced orthodontic treatment, invisible braces treatment can also be implemented.
Invisible Braces Treatment
These are the new alternative method over the traditional braces. Traditional braces have been the choice since many years now but with the advancement in technology, the dentistry world has evolved the new invisible braces treatment. Its USP is it is virtually invisible and thus keeps the patient’s confidence level up.
These are strong and transparent dental trays which straighten up the crooked teeth properly and adjust them to their right position. These clear aligners keep on slightly adjusting the teeth until it reaches its correct position.
Types of Braces Available
- Ceramic Braces- These braces have the tooth like color, that is what makes it different from other braces and these are also made up of ceramic.
- Lingual Braces- What makes it different from other braces is its placement at the backside of the teeth so that it is not virtually visible to others.
- Metal Braces- These are used by people of all the ages, as it provides the impressive smile and has been there for too long now.
Who Should Go for an Orthodontic Treatment?
- Extreme overbite
- Extra or missing teeth
- The gap between the teeth
What does Orthodontic Treatment Involve?
It involves three stages:
- Planning Stage- This stage basically includes of
- Dental history evaluation
- Active Stage- This stage involves of visiting to the orthodontist regularly for adjustments and following the requirements of the treatment for the successful treatment.
- Retention Stage- After the treatment is completed, the braces are removed and new one is provided. Usually these appliances are removable and can be worn when needed. But it depends upon individual to individual which your orthodontist will tell you about.
How long does it take for Orthodontic Treatment?
There are several factors which determine the duration of an orthodontic treatment which also varies from person to person according to their clinical conditions. But these two factors below are least understood;
- Biology- Teeth only needs a small amount of constant force for alignment. Under these constant forces, the tooth will align at a good ratio which is less than 1mm per month. If your dental specialist tries to align teeth faster than that by providing more force.
- Completion of Treatment- Orthodontic treatment is done step by step. The first stage is making the teeth straighten, which leads to correct the bite. The first stage takes place fast and the second stage is more challenging, taking more efforts. If the dental specialist’s only aim is to straighten the teeth without providing the perfect bite, the treatment will be relatively fast.